View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 26, 2012, 02:09pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
And Rut, again, shows he is king. If he doesn't make a mistake, that means no one can.
Why does suggesting that a mistake like this means someone criticizing a basic issue as meaning you are king? There are some mistakes like a judgment, even positioning and sometimes philosophy is one thing, but this is basic procedures we are discussing. I cannot believe that if you are the best in the world as many here claim that MLB umpires are that they cannot take the time to wait to see if the fielder caught the ball by showing them the ball. Sorry, but that is not just a mistake. That is either apathy or laziness to have this happen 3 times that we all know of. Again, in the NBA when officials make mistakes they have video they can review daily to their staff to let them know what has been done good or bad. The NFL (despite the replacements) goes over video and plays every week that were done good or bad. I wonder if MLB takes that same focus on continuing to train their staff. Because at all levels that I work we constantly go over stuff to not continue mistakes and many of the mistakes I see from MLB guys seems like they are often going through the motions and living off their past experiences. You cannot do that as an official no matter what your experience is at any level because you constantly have to work on your craft. Please do not tell me that MLB umpires like Bob Davidson is ten times better than many D1 or even HS umpires across the country because he is in the MLB ranks.

Peace