View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 23, 2012, 12:12pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to MNBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
Why would R2 be out?.
Because she's not on the base she's entitled to occupy since R1 wasn't forced to vacate the base.
Quote:
She's in contact with the base while the ball is in the circle and there is no rule forbidding two runners to be in contact with the same base simultaneously.
I know this is one of your favorite rules in the rule book, but maybe there should be an amendment to the rule.
Quote:
Actually, trying to correct the situation by returning to 1st base while the ball is in the circle would be a LBR violation.
I think that calling the runner out for the LBR violation would be a great teaching moment. You're not going to see this at older levels and making it a teachable moment at younger levels would be beneficial in the long run.
Quote:
It is not a directive, it is a rule. It has been covered in the UIC clinic and I believe at some point it was included on a Rules Clarification from KR.

When this occurs and it is apparent no one is going to move, the umpire is to suspend play and return the runner to 1st base.
So, ASA's fallback for everyone that doesn't understand how to run the bases or get an out when we have two runners occupy a base is to have a do over?

NFHS, NCAA, NAFA
"If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?" Anton Chigurh - "No Country for Old Men"