View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 22, 2012, 10:39am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
I'm aware of the first sentence, but the second is simply not true. Most levels that I'm aware of want the hand check called if contact is prolonged, not just if the advantage is obvious. It's pretty dammed easy for a defender, if he's allowed to keep his hand on the dribbler, to subtly change his direction in ways that drastically and negatively affect the offense.

My point with regard to "measuring up" is that it's stupid and not necessary. Why in the world would you need to use your hands to figure out how far you are from a player you an see? Yet I know it's allowed, so I don't call it unless the hand stays on the dribbler.
This is why we get paid the big bucks. I am at least recognizing that this might be used and I may not call a foul the insistence this happens. Does that mean that I will not likely end up calling a foul? Of course it is probably going to be a foul, but I see times when this takes place and I try to wait for some advantage to stand out. I am much more likely to call a foul with the ball handler than I would be a post player as often players at least try to put hands on each other at some point during post play.

Peace