View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 08, 2012, 09:10am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLin NC View Post
But you are not taking "their job". They are locked out. Management can replace them and have opted to do so. The bargaining process willm be used insure they return to "their job".

The replacement official loses "their job" when it is over. Whether they are hired back in the future or are dumped back in to the job market is not under their control or the unions.

It is easy to say "I'll never do that" until actually faced with the decision. Be it based on low ethics or high desire to achieve, each individual makes their own choice at the crucial time
You can say it anyway you want, but it is their job you are taking. If it was not their job then the NFL would have fired all the guys they locked out. They have not done that and when this situation is resolved most of those will be back. I know if I was asked to be a replacement I would not do this at all. I have goals to work college and even higher if that ever would be an opportunity and that would be completely dashed if I made this decision. It is one thing to work in the NFL, but I would rather get there the best way everyone else could. I know the Referee personally that was being talked about in an article and I would not trade places with him at all. Even things he has accomplished he is being used to prove a point and what did he really get out of this experience? It is one thing to work a game, it is another when the national media is saying you do not know what you are doing and saying your background is not accurate. I could have seen that coming on some level. Sorry, I would not have wanted to be apart of that if I had the opportunity.

Peace