View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 06, 2012, 02:19pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
Let me ask this --- is there any possible way that one of us saying to another "I thought you could read" has ANY positive effect on the conversation? If that's what you're looking for, you can find plenty by chatting on Facebook or Twitter. There is no planet where "I thought you could read" is going to help anyone learn about umpiring baseball. It's not going to make the person reading your post take in or accept ANY of the positive instructional stuff that followed that comment.

Even worse coming from someone with Carl's position on this board.
Carl has always gotten upset when people challenge his positions or state something that is not in his books (As I said I have had conversations with him since the mid-90s). That is nothing new here. Actually I did not even get upset by the comment because that is where he is at in his life. The problem is he does not want to realize that not everyone is using his books as the law of any sport. As I said we talk more about Referee Magazine literature in these parts and get people from that magazine to come and talk to people. In one association I belong to they have had more than one person from Referee Magazine to speak. Carl's books are great reference tool, but that is what it is to most that I know or work personally with.

Peace