View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 31, 2012, 09:08am
Official Forum Member

Lost My Virginity

Finally happened last Friday.
Temp: mid nineties / High Humidity / Heat Index 100+

Plate, Base, off, Plate and then......
about a 200 yard walk from the field to the trailer, felt fine.
Changed clothes and started back.... (I was rushing a little, but not running), after about 50 yards, I felt a little light headed so I stopped and gathered my wits, then proceeded at a normal walking pace, checking myself out as I walked.
Got to the field and felt I was probably OK.
1/2 inning goes by, ... I'm OK - but still keeping an eye on myself (which means that I probably wasn't 100% OK)
Next inning, B1 a base hit and as I'm in B, I'm feeling OK, but wondering if I can keep up if she steals......
B2 gets a clean base hit, play over, I jog to C....... In set position and I'm spending more time thinking about if I can make the next play than concentrating on the pitcher and runners.
"TIME" - I walk in and tell my partner that I'm done.

Fortunately it all worked out fine after that.
I walked off the field and coaches and parents laid me down in the shade. TD was there almost immediately. Two beautiful mothers were holding ice on my wrists, a coach wrapped my neck with one of those froggy things. Another coach or parent was misting me with some thing that looked like a bug sprayer.
Replacement was there, game proceed as I spent some time under the tree being tended to by parents- but already was feeling much better.
TD took me back to dressing room (golf cart) and kept his eye on me to make sure I really was OK - didn't leave till after I took a shower and sat for a while longer.

I have to give a big salute to USSSA and particularly Louis (site TD) and John (site UIC) for the concern they showed.