View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 27, 2012, 08:16am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to MNBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
I'm not sure what MN means there (MN - she's SUPPOSED to put her hands together - and there's no double touch after that... if she's not in the glove and is just hiding her hand, then she never does come together!), but I see nothing remotely illegal here. Pretty standard pitching. And definitely not quick pitching (which is what "taking the signal from the catcher" is about in reality).

PS - I think the runner was safe at 2nd!!
I apologize - I wasn't very clear with my statement.

From the video, I can't tell if she is bringing her hands together and then simulating taking the sign or if she is putting the glove in front of her pitching hand to prevent the batter from seeing the ball and how she is gripping the ball.

If she is just hiding her grip and she does bring her hands together prior to delivering the ball, she is legal. When pitchers do this, sometimes it is very difficult to tell if their hands are separated or if they are together. My belief is that if we don't know she is illegal, then she is legal.

NFHS, NCAA, NAFA
"If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?" Anton Chigurh - "No Country for Old Men"