View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 24, 2012, 03:34pm
Official Forum Member

Cooperstown

I just came back friday the 20th of july from ctwon. Had a blast.
You sleep in barracks have your own barracks for shower etc., no coaches. etc.,you are transported to and from the games you really see some good games. The kids are great. I made some friends who I will keep in touch with and will try to hook up with hopefully there next year. I did it for free I came from Jersey so what was it a tank of gas. I represented a team form Missi. Ihad a chance to hang out with some upires from different states and they do charge to cover there expense and a little more a guy from cal. was get me there and home and he was happy another guy charge 600, ctown will provide an umpire for the team which is about 1000 so most teams will go for it. As far as food the breakfast was ok for me as I only eat fruit and ceral lunch was sandwichs and salads. for dinner I went out to eat and grab a beer or two. Also you do get shirts etc and they do clean and press your uniforms and do your other laundry. All in all it was fun,you do work though as you would expect if you can get your expenses and maybe more give a go it is a week out of your life. Hope this helps