View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 23, 2012, 03:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor74 View Post
You can disagree but there are too few officials on the roster to not work with another crew chief in the regular season, or some crew chiefs wouldn't get as many games scheduled. The top tier crew chiefs won't work with each other (Finals worthy, so a crew won't consist of Joe Crawford and Monty McCutchen in the regular season).

You will however see a veteran crew chief have another lesser experienced crew chief working the game (example of Dan Crawford and Rodney Mott).

Just two examples at random

02/01/12 Toronto at Boston: James Capers, David Jones and Courtney Kirkland

Better example:

02/01/12 Oklahoma City at Dallas: Ron Garretson, Michael Smith, Mark Ayotte

When an official is moved up to be a crew chief, they spend a good part of that year split between being a crew chief and serving under a strong, veteran crew chief.
Which is why I specifically said regular CC's...as in officials that would be designated the CC in every regular season game they officiate. I can think of 10 or so officials that would fit that bill. Of course, as JRut alluded to, with the shorten season this year, it wouldn't surprise me if on one night, due to scheduling conflicts, two regular CC's worked together.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.