View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 15, 2012, 11:20am
Esteemed Forum Member

IAABO In The Constitution State ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny d View Post
I would have told the coach she is displaying concussion like symptoms and cannot come back in the game until she is cleared by a certified trainer or doctor.
We have been instructed never to use the "C" word, and to just describe the symptoms when we beckon the coach. "Coach, please come onto the court to administer to your player. He seems to be a little dizzy". It's up to the coach to take it from there, which includes requesting a timeout to keep the player in the game. All Connecticut interscholastic coaches, by state law, at all levels, must receive first aid training to keep their "coaching certificate", which includes training, also by state law, on how to deal with concussions. Coaches, trainers, athletic directors, principals, and school superintendents, are all well aware of the seriousness of concussions, or concussion-like, symptoms, and their legal implications, and ramifications, and how to deal with such.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Jul 15, 2012 at 12:10pm.