View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 10, 2012, 12:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve View Post
No, I don't care to discuss this issue any further. It is obvious that everyone just wants to disagree with me so what's the point. Publius, I wasn't aware that you had such hostility toward Christians. Which is capitalized by the way. I am not patting myself on the back, but lately I have gone through things most people could not have and still continue their education. I earned my degree, nobody "got me through." I got through with a whole lot of hard work. I have every right to feel good about my accomplishments, and don't really need the approval of a bunch of anonymous posters on an umpire site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
Well that's irritating.
Yes, it is irritating, and conservatives are the best at it. I had someone on Facebook the other day post a picture of Obama and it had outright lies on it. It was about him commemorating D-Day and said he is the first president in 68 years to not do a public ceremony for D-Day. A quick Google search showed that GWB only recognized D-Day in 2001 and 2004. I pointed this out to the person who posted it, and all I got was what Steve posted above. "I'm done talking about it", "This is my opinion", "We can agree to disagree". I pointed out that you are entitled to opinions all you want, but you don't get to make up your own facts.

Steve, if you're going to make these outlandish claims, back them up. Don't go running once you get called on it. Also, no one said that you shouldn't feel good about your hard work in getting a degree. (Although I hardly think an MBA qualifies you as an economist, but that's just me)

Finally, the "hostility" toward Christians comes from Christians wanting things both ways. You never told me if praying to Mecca in public schools would be okay. Christians want us to adhere to the Constitution, but when we do, it sometimes goes against what they want, then they don't care as much about the Constitution anymore.

Did you ever think that a lot of people are disagreeing with you because what you posted is ridiculous?