View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 09, 2012, 10:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve View Post
Well, I didn't want to go that deep into it, but there has been a direct correlation between removing God from the classroom thanks to Madalyn Murray O'Hair's lawsuit and the decline in our national test scores, juvenile crime rates, and other maladies in our society. No, correlation does not necessarily equal causation, but distinct parallels can easily be drawn, and cannot be ignored. For example, the U.S. used to be #1 in the OCED testing among teens for Science, but have fell to #29 worldwide. There are far too many problems in society to get into here who's decline can be traced back to the period following 1963. I really don't believe that classroom integration has anything to do with it either. BTW, took Logic in college in 1984. Got an A.
Uh, no.

I have an MA in Political Science (emphasis on political economy) and one in Criminal Justice. I work in the analysis of crime as a profession. There is no singular negative trend in juvenile crime in the last 50 years, let alone any that can be correlated with an external variable. I can also confidently state that you do not understand Keynesian economics, based off of statements you have made.

Also, since God was never removed from classrooms, your argument is baseless.