View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 09, 2012, 09:49pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Publius View Post
Darn! You'd been doing so well up to that point. Take Logic 100 (no need for a 600-level class on this) to learn that correlation is not causation. For example, I often hear the equally specious argument that the integration of classrooms, which was widely instated around the same time, is the reason.

The education system isn't crumbling at all. Respect for it, however, is.

Boy, this site is SO much more fun without Jenkins around to lock things just as they get interesting.
Well, I didn't want to go that deep into it, but there has been a direct correlation between removing God from the classroom thanks to Madalyn Murray O'Hair's lawsuit and the decline in our national test scores, juvenile crime rates, and other maladies in our society. No, correlation does not necessarily equal causation, but distinct parallels can easily be drawn, and cannot be ignored. For example, the U.S. used to be #1 in the OCED testing among teens for Science, but have fell to #29 worldwide. There are far too many problems in society to get into here who's decline can be traced back to the period following 1963. I really don't believe that classroom integration has anything to do with it either. BTW, took Logic in college in 1984. Got an A.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25