View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 08, 2012, 01:06am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler View Post
Actually, me and my atheist rear end have been helping some church groups install window air conditioning units for folks that have no air conditioning in their homes. You know, the sick, elderly, or poor, or as you affectionately refer to them as "a pox on society".

The air conditioners are supplied free of charge by some local charities, and I have assisted in the free installation of probably a couple of dozen this week. I didn't do it because my Bible told me so either. I do it because it is the right thing to do.

Thanks for your input. Stay boring my friend.
Good works are nice. I do those too. You just can't get salvation or justification from good works, but they are still very good. I commend you for doing the right thing, which I do as well. I do many things to help the poor that I don't discuss because I take no glory personally in it, but rather give that glory to the Lord. I have never called the poor (of which I am in the same category, and struggle financially month to month) as a pox on society. Once again, you have misquoted me.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25