View Single Post
Old Sat Jun 30, 2012, 12:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
There's nothing in the article that mentions her insurance company at all, so there isn't nearly enough information. All we know is she's claiming $150,000 in medical bills. That's pretty clear to me (given that the claim is for an errant baseball throw) that there has been no insurance payments involved.

I know with my auto insurance, if you have uninsured motorist coverage, the insurance company will pay out and in turn sue the guilty driver. Since she's suing, I'm assuming she either doesn't have health insurance or her insurance company refused to pay for some reason.

Regardless, you didn't ask if it was likely, and none of us indicated it would be. You asked:

The scenario isn't all that far fetched, in general.

All that said, this really seems like the dumbest couple ever. I wonder if they got a cousin with a law degree to file this one.

If I was the parents of the kid, I'd counter-sue for everything I could. People like this really need to be on the hook for legal fees when they file frivolous suits.
OK, I'm done. I've been a lawyer for 35 years. You don't have a clue about what you're saying. On what possible basis are the parents going to "counter-sue" the lady who got hit?

I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinions, but comments like yours have zero factual/legal basis.