View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 26, 2012, 12:53pm
Whack! Get Out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7IronRef View Post
Politics around here seems synonymous with people complaining about why they cannot get ahead. Politics is an excuse, either you have what it takes or you don't.

Sorry you are unhappy with your situation, but you are an independent contractor. Which means you can pick and choose where you want to work, choose the games that suits your schedule. The choice is yours.
Not always.

In the case of the Houston UIL chapter they completely manipulated the schedule of those that they did not like. There was a group of us that sued the chapter because of a fraudulent "vote" that was pushed through by the current board to change from TASO to UIL. They did not follow Texas Law nor Robert's Rules of Order ... they simply did what they wanted to do because it was the president's agenda.

All of us that sued received schedules that were completely crap games -- places I hadn't worked in years!! It was clear the the president had decided to manipulate the assigning process to get some revenge. He also tried to tell officials assigning tournaments that they couldn't use certain people, which caused a huge uproar.

Keep in mind that those of us that sued were almost all college officials, some working at the Division I level, including myself. So, there was no issue based on "having what it takes" ... it was politics pure and simple.

It's interesting to me that the same guy is STILL president of the chapter, when his term and term limits have LONG expired. I can't understand why several hundred officials just stand there and let him get away with it.