Thread: First Base Call
View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 20, 2003, 03:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CecilOne
I didn't visualize F3 being pulled off the base in "F3 has one foot on white bag as ball is thrown. BR collides with F3 as F3 catches ball", so I assumed the collision happened at the base. I have no problem with the umpire checking for the ball as I hope we all do, but I didn't get the time limit aspect. Was it credibility of control in spite of still having it after getting knocked down? If there was no catch with the collision, then it probably should have been interference regardless of ball shown or not.

Yes, restricted to the dugout is what I meant, rather than sight & sound; although I have no history of FP ejections to go on. Yes, Mike, that is my bias to FP, reinforced by sprivitor sounding like a coach, asking about 10&U in another topic and saying "she got knocked out almost". Always has been, always will be and also chocolate over vanilla.
C-One,

There are more females in softball than just those who play JO ball. There are more adult women by the thousands who play SP as opposed to FP. Unless you can read minds, never assume when dealing with a player or coach.

Beside, chocolate is no different than vanilla if it is that of a steady diet.

And, yes, the world is round.