View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 21, 2012, 02:05pm
Official Forum Member

IF anything, I have a foul on white 22 (the defender, "B").

This was not a loose ball play, it was a pass directly form one player to another.

The first contact was the B22 going through the offense to try to get to the pass. B22 also wasn't anywhere near LGP when the two came together. He was trying to guard a moving opponent without the ball and is required to be in the path and facing the opponent giving time and distance for the opponent to stop or change directions. He didn't. He was never facing the opponent at any time. He was just coming into the path at the time of contact and went partially over/through the blue player. He failed to meet the requirements of LGP in several ways. Just because you're going for the ball doesn't absolve you from meeting the requirements of guarding.

Given that this is how the play started, I'd have absolutely nothing on the elbow unless it were intentional....and it if was, I'd still get the first foul to go with it. I think the elbow was merely a reflex to getting run into, not a positive act.

And the bolded "IF" above is intended to mean that I'd likely let the shooter play on and score since he secured the ball in an advantageous position. If he had lost the ball instead, it would be a foul.

Last edited by Camron Rust; Thu Jun 21, 2012 at 02:58pm.