View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 15, 2012, 01:00pm
Official Forum Member

Aside just for Little League

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROUPthink View Post
I've umpired Little League at the local level all the way up to a World Series tournament. Trust me when I say we do *not* allow this at the minors level.

Perhaps you are using Little League like everyone does to refer to a league that's not affiliated with LL. Or perhaps your local LL allows this. Ours does not, nor does LLI.
I've never seen it either, and the LL rule book is a muddle:

Section XIV
(d) A manager or coach shall not leave the bench or dugout except to confer with a player or an umpire and only after receiving permission from an umpire. (EXCEPTION: In Minor League and Tee Ball, managers and coaches may be on the field for instructional purposes, but shall not assist runners or touch a live ball. At least one adult manager or coach must be in the dugout at all times.)

Rule 2
A COACH is an adult appointed to perform such duties as the manager shall designate. NOTE: if two(2) coaches are
appointed, the second coach may be age 16 years or older.
[MINOR BASEBALL/SOFTBALL: Option may be adopted to allow Manager and coaches on field.]

The definition of MANAGER has similar wording.

So, does this mean that the local Little League has to explicitly adopt the option to have Minors coaches on the fields?