View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 12, 2012, 06:04pm
Official Forum Member

When I started out officiating in 2001, I got all of my stuff for both basketball and baseball from Honigs. Good quality, good service and I was satisfied. I noticed a trend over the years though; prices went up and quality went down. Their shirts seem to be made from different materials and are cut differently every year. I also noticed that their ultimate umpire pants fade badly. My originally charcoal gray pants now look more like heather gray after two seasons. I've never had a customer service issue with them.

The quality and price issues encouraged me to look elsewhere and today I buy nearly all of my gear from Ump Attire. I think Jim Kirk seems to make a real effort to listen to his customers and get himself in tune with the umpiring community. I've also been happy with their prices and quality. To me, Honigs seems to have been top dog for so long that they've started to take their market position and customers for granted, which is a very unwise move. With the proliferation of internet business, there are a ton of places officials can get their equipment.