View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 12, 2012, 05:48pm
Official Forum Member

(Composed my original reply while the OP was posting #10. The only ODD part of one of you pursuing the issue is how odd your "partner" will look. If neither of you make a report, you are doing all officials and participants a disservice - no battery should go unreported.)

Even after the fact, call the local authorities. Please!

Even if there is no action taken by the authorities, the event is recorded for future reference. Even if you do/did not want to take any action, think about the next person who the miscreant may act out upon. Maybe just having a face to face with a uniformed officer will be the cure. Maybe the miscreant already has had some police contact...

---
Based on experience, I always program my cell to call the local police dispatch as a speed dial. I prefer the local dispatch as they will usually be "very" quick to respond to something at a sporting event... 911 or similar can work, but can take longer to get to a person who can help you (some 911 calls are answered by a call center, then routed to a local office).

If you are going somewhere new and are not sure whom to call in an emergency, use a search engine to find the dispatch center number, call, and ask their advice on how to contact them if the need arises (the most direct line to call).

The authorities would much rather you call when there "may" be an issue, than to arrive with an ambulance.

Last edited by d26; Tue Jun 12, 2012 at 05:53pm.