View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 12, 2012, 05:34pm
Official Forum Member

A couple updates

Mike sent me this Email after doing a little fun digging on Vern Hasty:

Quote:
Originally Posted by from a Chicago State University official after Hasty was fired
"We felt that coach Mahmoud took over our team during a very tough situation..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by news article author's comments
I assume this is referring to Coach Hasty leaving his position as head baseball coach at CSU. Why was he fired? You may recall he had a "fit" of sorts at a game earlier in the season (April 2007) in which he called the police after being ejected from a game, and tried to have the umpire charged with disorderly conduct. Of course, the cops laughed all the way back to the station. I'd love it if someone could tell me where Coach Hasty is now. He is certainly leaving an interesting trail...
That was from a post from 2009.

Just an FYI--I'm not unaware of the legal situation this whole thing represents. I just got off the phone with a very friendly and helpful Sycamore police officer, who provided me with some good information. Time and space don't permit me to elaborate right now, but I can say that I still retain the right to file a complaint against Hasty. Truthfully, I would prefer to do it only if Mike joins me. I think it would look rather odd if only one of us pursues it. Either we both should or neither should.

I'll keep you updated.

Last edited by UMP25; Tue Jun 12, 2012 at 05:42pm.