View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 12, 2012, 05:05pm
Official Forum Member

You're Lazy!

Quoting from the write-up:

Quote:
However, the “You’re ****ing lazy!” comment came, I believe, as a result of a home run hit by a visiting team batter earlier in the game. There was nobody on base. Consequently, I was in my traditional “A” position down the first base line when the batter hit a deep fly ball to left field. The ball landed in the bullpen on the fly, resulting in a solo home run. Because the ball was hit to left field with no one on base, the home run decision is the plate umpire’s, who was the person who did, in fact, make the initial call. However, home team's Manager asked Plate Umpire to check with me and ask what I saw (it was twilight and visibility was admittedly terrible; however, I did see it easily clear the fence). I told Plate Umpire that I saw a clear home run. Plate Umpire explained this to home team Manager, who didn’t complain. Plate Umpire and I returned to our starting positions when visiting team Manager suddenly and inexplicably walked out of his first base dugout toward me and yelled to me, “Get in position out there! You’re lazy!” I completely ignored him, especially since such calls to left with no one on base are never the base umpire’s call to make. Quite honestly, I had no idea why he was yelling this to me.
So the coach had yelled "You're lazy!" to the umpire during the game as well.

Last edited by LilLeaguer; Wed Jun 13, 2012 at 02:00pm. Reason: Anonymization