Thread: Target
View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 12, 2012, 02:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post
Perhaps... or it could be a HTBT type of unsporting act.

Allow me to clarify, dead ball, players walking to the FT area & he fires a baseball pass from the 28" to me directly under the basket. That was too egregious to be subtle about it, for me anyway. I couldn't let it ride & I feel like I gave him an out by wording it the way I did. He chose not to be a man about it... or should I say, not to be smart about it.

As a matter of fact, it was so over the top that his teammates even looked at him like uh-oh. Before I ran him my partner told the table it wouldnt end good as he had a great look at the unsporting act as well.

I think it was a no-brainer as nobody said a word about the ejection... not even the player. He didnt say another word just got his stuff & exit stage left. It felt like the music stopped playing & all eyes were on him like in those westerns when the villian walks in the bar.
The only thing that was questioned on that play was why they shot 3 FTs & got the ball back
Okay. Since you clarified the situation that's different. If it was an adult league game that's really different...I'd be more inclined to take Toren's strategy and just toss him. Not worth the aggravation, especially at the end of the game.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)