Thread: Target
View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 12, 2012, 09:53am
Official Forum Member

Target

IDK what it is lately, but I got another ball fired at me last night.
Different league, different city... better pay!

So Team A is losing by a half dozen & we reach that point in the game where they are fouling to stop the clock & the other team is knocking down FTs, its over.

A1 fouls B1 at midcourt, the ball rolls OOB on the far sideline as the T reports. Im L going to administer the bonus. A5 goes to retrieve the ball & FIRES a laser from the 28' line while still OOB. The ball skims off of his teammates head continues toward me but bounces just short of me. I catch it off the hop, allow A5 to take a spot on the lane line & walk directly up to him & say, "just so we're on the same page, you werent throwing the ball AT ME, were you?!?!"
He says "no" but wouldnt look me in the eye.
I say, "good... you need to be careful because you hit your own teammate."
He says, "Well call a better game."
WHACK goodnight!

Some of you may remember the player in the womens league actually hitting me in the head with the ball a few weeks ago. Now this, its becoming too common & it seems like its always the less skilled player on the team. You know, the player that initiates contact on a verticle defender (that happens to be a foot and a half taller) then throws up some garbage & says "call something man!"
Wondering should I start hitting the weights, maybe I look suspect out there or perhaps me being 5'10" the player being 5'7" & my partner being 6'6" was what made me the mark
At least I didnt turn my back on the players this time & saw it coming