Thread: obstruction??
View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 10, 2012, 01:15am
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend View Post
Wow I didnt know we were in the presence of perfection... I'm guessing by the nature of your post on this topic that from the VERY first game that you ever did you not only knew every rule but were completely 100 % perfect on every call that you made... Why be a douch? Clearly I knew the rule to be able to call it correct. Nothing "feeble" about that.
I'm not a personal ally of mbyron, but he is about as good as one gets around here with rules knowledge. Now I didn't see the play the same way, but I've never encountered anything of the nature of what happened. I might not of seen it as interference since the scored runner was plowed over by the catcher.

You'd be surprised how many posters are passionate about the vocation of umpiring, and knowing the rules. In my book, mbyron is one of those. Also, notice the little wink annotation at the end of his last sentence.

10+ as a coach.................woo. Believe it or not, talking to umpires made me a better coach years ago. It helped me to understand, and remember the subject of the rules better.

2+ as an umpire...............bigger woo. Don't become one of those umpires that have 20 years of experience, but they really have 1 year of experience 20 times. Umpiring is like life. It's a journey, not a destination.