View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 07, 2012, 01:10pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMP25 View Post
Somebody who once worked there for many years and became a good acquaintance of mine has for the last several years worked at a Naperville Portillo's. I saw her not too long ago, and she mentioned that Buck died recently. I didn't hear this, so I didn't know the validity of that. I do know that his wife Sylvia died of cancer years before, but I thought the old man was still alive and kicking. I guess not.
Well he was alive soon after her death as he was even attempting to come to a came for IACO. But that has been some years before and I had not heard anything from them for some time other than online. I did not know if they were trying to come back or were doing other things. That is incredibly sad as I like them and been to that facility several times. The quality of their stuff had fallen off, but to start officiating where I did and first by my baseball stuff from them, then to actually go there some years later was special to me. Sorry to hear that if that is true and I am sure it is true. I will ask around to see if someone else knows and can give more information, but I have not heard anyone discuss his death. But that is probably mostly because no one has really heard of his company much since Sylvia's death. There is no question Sylvia was the backbone of that company.

Peace