View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 03, 2012, 09:11pm
Official Forum Member

Sorry Tony, guess I should slow down when reading the OP! Yes, you state you made a safe call. My bad.

Obviously I was not there to see the play; I promise I am NOT saying you were wrong with the no-call followed by the warning. All evidence to the contrary, the game finished without further incident.

I agree, F2 had no reason to continue to hold the tag but that in and of itself is not a reason for the runner to shove her. IMO some of the no-calls made in the NCAA tournament are going to lead to more players at lower levels pushing the MC envelope; and that opinion is only reinforced by your comment that until recently you would have ejected without a second thought. The no-call on a player who slid in to home and was tagged out then well after the play while getting untangled from F2 obviously and deliberately shoved F2 to the ground stands out as a play where an ejection was warranted.

So I guess that while I am not saying your no-call was wrong; I can certainly say I would have supported your decision to make an ejection if you had.