View Single Post
Old Wed May 30, 2012, 11:34am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
I understand completely! We have a kid trying to release into a pattern, and the defense has walked a OLB over to knock him on his butt instead of let him get off. It is not called in our games. I am sure you do an excellent job of making sure no one gets an unfair advantage in this situation, Mr. Rutledge but where I am, it is considered just good ol' hard nosed football and if the WR can't get off the line it is just too bad and he needs to get in the weight room more.
Officials see more teams and games than you do as a coach. I have no idea what is called or why something is not called in your games. I know it gets called at times in games I am working and I am not the person that makes the calls in many cases either. And if not called when we can "talk to" players we try to do that on borderline situations. I know that it is called in other games I am not working as officials talk about situations that happen in their games. Now I cannot give you a percentage, but it gets called and when we see a coach at a game they often try to get us to talk about something that happens previously. Or they try to talk about something they saw on tape. All I am saying to you is there is nothing that suggest that this is inherently illegal or is interpreted that way. You cannot take one line out of the casebook and rulebook and then make a leap that some coverage is outlawed because it does not fit your sensibilities. That is not how rules are applied or interpreted by the NF committee or state organizations. If these groups felt the rule should be applied in all those situations, they would make that information public and clear. There is a reason you have never heard such interpretation anywhere.

Peace