Thread: Usfa
View Single Post
Old Sun May 27, 2012, 09:01pm
Official Forum Member

LOL Ad reopened an old thread, relevant to me though. Just called my first USFA tournament this weekend. Not TOO bad.....rule book still a cluster. ASA book @ approx 250 pages, USFA at 32....with 3 pages of ads.

Strike zone is the width of the plate and from the batter's knees to her "solar plex". Not sure what a solar plex is but sounds like she should be getting carbon credits for it or something.....

Saw one of the base umpires with not one, but two ball bags on. And USFA allows shorts in the field....black ones while the plate guy is wearing heather. Not so much alike.

All in all the professionalism simply wasn't there. Guys seemed nice but wow....just wow. Thankfully I was on a field with two other "newbies" to USFA calling 12Us. One has a full D1 schedule and the other was the High school umpire of the year last year. Worked with both of them numerous times before...games were smoooooooth. UIC later told me we could call anytime we were free.....was nice but gonna have to think about it.