View Single Post
Old Wed May 23, 2012, 03:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKBUmp View Post
Bottom of 4th inning, anyone catch the play? R1, batter hits line drive in direction of F4. R1 has to hold for possible fly out, F4 short hops ball and throws to F6 at 2nd for force. R1 now heading to 2nd, F6 makes throw to 1st into runner who is directly in baseline. Umpires rule interference on retired runner, call BR out. As has been discussed on many posts, runner cannot simply dissappear from the field after being retired.
what does the NCAA rule book and interpretations say on this?

Above, it says umpires ruled interference. I find it hard to believe that 3 of the yahoos got together and came up with the incorrect ruling. I could be wrong. But god helps us if that is true.

We expect the batter to figure out where a loose ball is so she or he does not get plucked by a throw from the catcher (i believe we have said that is interference). And now the runner can see she is out by 30 feet and can not do something to get out of the way of the incoming missle. That does not add up to me.

Explanations, please and thank you. Why you guys are helping out I will ask one of my UIC's.