View Single Post
Old Mon May 14, 2012, 07:35am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve View Post
I was referring to pants only. And it was just wishful thinking at that. Places like Officials Choice and most other places are a joke. There are only a few good gear places on the Internet. Places like Smiteez and OC are horribly designed and poorly stocked, and carry a lot of useless, substandard products.

Ump-Attire, Honig's, and GD at least have a fairly professional look to them, and carry the most popular products. Most shops' offerings are woefully limited. I would love to own a gear place, as it would only carry the best and most sought after stuff, and all you gear junkies would be buying from me.
I was forced to wear Honig's (non-Polywool) pants last season for a tournament -- those pants were provided for me. The pants were about as poor quality as I have ever worn. Thin material, odd fitting, didn't look good to me at all. Disgusting to me that they put all their time, effort, and care into the polywools, which to me are too expensive and too high maintenance.

I know I'm in a minority, but my pants get washed after just about every wearing. Plate pants especially -- they get dusty, sweaty, dirty and I don't really like the idea of wearing them twice without a washing. I don't feel like I could accomplish that with pants marked "dry clean only" even if there is a way to wash them (which I hear there is). Davis pants hold up wash after wash, even if they *do* look like umpire Dickeys.