Thread: Marc Davis
View Single Post
Old Sun May 13, 2012, 04:34pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmagan View Post
I don't mind missing an eight second call, a common foul, an away from the play foul as that is common to the game. This was not common to the game. Thirty years ago, this would have happened and no one would notice. Today everyone is held accountable by the mass media we have and Marc Davis is no exception. You can't have bizarre calls like this taking away from the most important time of the year for the NBA.
No one is saying that Davis should not be held accountable. But when people say that someone in officiating needs to be held accountable, that always cracks me up because this is not about you or me. He is accountable to his bosses and that is all that matters. Not that I am on that level, but I gave a T this year that was in dispute and the only people I had to answer to was the state and my assignor if he choose to say a word to me about the situation.

The media does not need to know the inner workings of what an employer was saying to an employee as they don't do that with the teams either. If a team has an issue, they work it mostly internally and then we might hear or see the results. If Davis did something wrong in this case he would be dealt with mostly privately. And if you do not see him any more, then you can draw some conclusions, but that does not mean those conclusions that you make are accurate either. For all we know Davis might have worked as far as he was going to work for all kinds of reasons. Maybe he did not grade out high enough during the regular season? Accountability does not mean that someone has to be accountable to you about anything.

Peace