Thread: Marc Davis
View Single Post
Old Sat May 12, 2012, 10:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmagan View Post
They use to say about boxing, when people cared about the sport, 'Another black eye for boxing.' You can use that phrase for the NBA these days.

Or as Chris Russo famously says about the NBA, 'Typical NBA!'.
I'm not sure why you're throwing a fellow official under the bus, but I find it troubling to say the least. We all make bad calls, no official is perfect, if the T was not warranted, I'm sure he is as mad at himself as any clippers fan.

If ONE call changes the way you feel about the NBA you aren't a NBA fan. You also have a deranged view of basketball and officiating. The NBA is viewed by many people as the top tier basketball with NCAA being at that level too. The officials are expected to match that level. 99.9% of the time they meet that standard.

There is controversy in NCAA basketball about pay to play, officials' schedules, officials' pay, and even missed calls. I can remember two occasions that a team had the misfortune of a bad call and at least one was in an end of the year tournament. Two years ago a crew missed a travel and an out of bounds at the end of a game. Last year a team had to play against 6 players, as I believe they were trying to defend a last second shot. Each crew was disciplined and life went on. How should these calls make me feel they tarnished the NCAA?

You sound like a fanboy and don't understand officiating. If you aren't a clippers fan and just commenting on one bad call, then you are worse than any fan that thinks he/she is your clinician for the night.