Thread: OBS then INT
View Single Post
Old Thu May 03, 2012, 04:36am
Official Forum Member

thumpferee: "...I wanted to add as celebur mentioned and that I find it hard to give him 3rd on a base hit to RF. Unless BR was knocked down, it sounds like he was nailed at 3rd and needed to interfere since it was "somewhat of a close play"..."

I am remembering more clearly now (the play did happen 3 months ago). I believe there was an R2 because I now remember being in the C position. The ball was drilled by the field instructor out into the right/center gap. As the appointed BR rounded 1st, he was OBS by F3 (not knocked down - this was a "controlled play" afterall). The BR continued without hesitation all the way toward 3rd. About 6 feet short of 3rd, he intentionally stuck his hand out to deflect the bouncing ball away from F5 (no player is going to stick his hand out at a thrown bullet). I was going to give him 3rd because of the OBS at 1st, but I was told (PBUC - OBR) that the INT negated that OBS for the reason I already mentioned in my previous post:

...the obstructed runner still has the responsibility of running the bases legally.