View Single Post
Old Wed May 02, 2012, 03:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler View Post
It sounds like the only recourse is a temporary injunction. Has that happened to your knowledge?
Temporary injunction? The MHSAA handbook clearly states:

"...protest is not allowed by the MHSAA when it is based on judgment decisions of officials or on misinterpretation or misapplication of playing rules."

"Pursuant to Item No. 2 of the Due Process Procedure (p. 19) and consistent with Interpretation 280, there is no appeal of a penalty that automatically results in a suspension either from the next day of competition or the
MHSAA tournament. Neither an ejection by an official nor the resulting suspension, either for the next day of competition or the entire MHSAA tournament, is reviewable by MHSAA staff, Executive Committee or Representative Council."

Nothing will be reviewed, nothing will be changed...for ANY reason - with or without a timely report from the umpire involved. Even if the umpire says in his report "I screwed up", the player's suspension stands. A court will not overturn it because everyone that plays as a MHSAA member has agreed to play under their rulings.