View Single Post
Old Tue May 01, 2012, 05:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR12 View Post
How long have you been in law enforcement?
If you haven't, then ill give your remarks the same attention that I give the "know nothing about baseball "daddys that I hear thru the fence when I'm officiating.
Police work and Umpire work are similar in one fashion.....people that know nothing about either, think they know how to do it better.
Sorry, not biting. You don't have to have ever worked in law enforcement to notice when laws aren't being enforced. Comparing disinterested parties, like myself, to biased fanatics may make you feel better about your work, but it's a false comparison.

Perception is reality (particularly when someone is deciding whether they should commit minor disturbances) and the perception you are clearly generating is that field invasions will be tolerated.

Beyond that, you're putting the players and umpires at risk if one of these loons turns out to actually be dangerous. What's stopping the hoodlum from running up to a player/umpire and striking them in the face or breaking an arm while security leisurely strolls to the scene?