View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 25, 2012, 11:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
I was thinking they could have just said he's done for the season, but I imagine the CBA states they have to specify a number of games. It does seem that Artest's history should have played a factor and given him a longer suspension; but perhaps the NBA didn't realize he's the same guy because of the name change.
I'm sure they did factor in prior history...7 games for an elbow is unheard of in the NBA. Usually, elbowing incidents wind up with players receiving 1-2 games. To put it in context, Kevin Love received two games for step on the face of a prone Luis Scola. Metta World Peace is missing 3x the normal amount...with some of those being playoff games which makes the importance of those games even greater.

Again, if they suspended him indefinitely, I'm betting this would trigger the clause allowing the player, through the players association, to appeal not to the commissioner (as would be the case for any suspensions under 12 games), but to a neutral grievance arbitrator...and I'm betting that's a fight the players' association would have taken up.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Last edited by APG; Wed Apr 25, 2012 at 12:04pm.