View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 23, 2012, 11:04am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Ever since I joined the board, I have been fortunate to have people who cared enough about the rules to correct me whenever I made a mistake. Some were more tactful than others, others were more forceful. Woody would use whatever method he thought would work; and that often included expressing his frustration with me for being a dope. Whether he knew it or not, that's how I learn best; by being challenged and taken to the woodshed.

My officiating is better for his involvement. My first thought when I saw this thread was, "Lah me."

Woody, your race is over, you've finished. We're all better people and officials because of the way you ran. Rest in peace, my friend.
Adam, you've summed up my feelings well. As I sit here, I realize what a profound impact that people we've never met can have on our lives. It was true with mick and also with JR. I have a feeling the not as kindlier, gentler JR would give me crap for shedding tears over him.

As I wiped those tears away though, I had to laugh when I realized something I hadn't known before...the fact that JR was Canadian. I don't think I saw one thing in his posts to ever make me think that so it surprised me in a way.

Godspeed, Woody.