Thread: NHFS Survey
View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 19, 2012, 05:44pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler View Post
To be honest I've never umpired the Special Olympics. However, I've been able on occasion to volunteer at track and field days. Had a blast each time.

I don't know how many MLB players I've umpired, but there have been a few. I just don't hang my hat on that nail.

BTW-I've umpired games where there were special needs kids serving in some capacity. They're quite fun to be around, and the teams really love having them there.

I hope you don't slip and use language like Special Olympian, or retard around the games you work.
It is that 0.1% of the time that a player hits a home run (or other manner of getting on base) on a balk call that the rule is written the way it is.

I don't hang my hat on the many players who made the bigs, I just state facts the way they are. Why do you continue to harangue me about every little word I say? I am getting very tired of having to defend my words to you.

And I meant (and said) nothing at all disparaging about special needs children. I never used the word retard either, where did that come from? I was just curious as to if that was the baseball league you worked in, since you seem to think there weren't many talented players playing FED baseball in your area. I find your posts to be greatly exaggerated at times. Please stop assuming you know anything about my life.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25