View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 18, 2012, 09:26pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfoulds View Post

A] contrary to all your instincts and proper TWO-MAN mechanics, react to this sitch by moving INTO the infield toward the home-side of the mound. From here you have improved your distance toward the likely 1st play at 2d base, and also improved your angle for following plays on either corner. 'Course, if they try to cut down R3 at the plate, you may eat horsehide for supper, but at least you will be looking into the play at the plate [assuming you are not wearing the ball], rather than up its azz - which is where you'll be if you go up 3bl in foul territory.
Then why would you ever go into fair territory with runners in scoring position? I've worked a ton of one man games over the years, and that's not the place you want to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
Just my 2 cents - moving into the infield during a play on the infield is a horrible idea, and you'll find yourself dodging thrown balls, avoiding players moving to back up somewhere, and having half of the play develop behind you.
Exactly. You can call everything you need to call from foul territory when runners are in scoring position. On first to 3rd, I'm still at the cutout at 3rd waiting on that runner, but I'm getting out of Dodge if there is going to be action at home plate.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25