View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 18, 2012, 11:10am
Official Forum Member

First of all... I miss plenty of calls. I do my best but it happens.

The point I want to make is that we should not say it is okay or it happened to quickly to see. Most basketball plays happen quickly and we get paid the big bucks to see the play and make the call. It was a missed call and one team was mistakenly rewarded with 2 points. We should not berate the poster because it happens to all of us but it should be called and it is not okay to miss.

On a side note but on this subject. I have been thinking that on these types of inside scoring plays, possibly the 3 man mechanics should be updated so that the center, if not on the ball can look for travel calls while the on the ball lead would focus more on contact. Currently, the on ball ref needs to see contact as well as travel which is very difficult when there are multiple players around a ball handler driving to the basket. I realize this would put 2 refs on-ball in this situation but something really should be done about the rash of missed travel calls. I believe it was on this web site where I read about the huge number of missed travel calls in many state finals proving that this is a national problem.