Thread: How to correct?
View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 05:45pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler View Post
If you didn't hear all the conversation, perhaps the 3rd base coach was telling your partner the B/R was half way to 2nd when the ball went dead or something like that. If you're not sure, go to your partner to re-affirm what you heard. A little off to the side chit chat can be a valuable experience. I've gone to my partner to make sure I saw what I thought I saw or didn't see. Don't be ashamed to ask for help when needed.
What difference would it make if the coach was telling his partner or his partner was telling the coach? The B/R being half way has nothing to do with the placement of the B/R.

First, it is the PU's call all the way on this. He declared that the ball went out of play and it is he who awards the runners, beginning with R1 and working his way backwards to the B/R. "You, score...You, 3rd base."

Second, His partner got the rule wrong, and he had every right to step in and place the runner at 3rd base where he belonged without any conference. He should just say, "No, that runner gets 3rd base." I agree with what Mike Crowder and mbyron said in their posts.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25