Thread: Shesh
View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 02:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Next year before he has a chance to call you about attending his camp give him a call and ask him if he needs any help with his camp.
Good idea, maybe he'll let me refill the ice in the coolers & grab coffees/bagels for the star studded cast of DI clinicians he uses

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
"I can't make it to your camp, but I wanted to let you know that I AM going to some camps this summer - I will be attending XYZ Camp at Youknowwhat University, and also attending Camp ABC which is part of the End of the Road Tournament."

Most of the time, they just want to make sure their staff is not being lazy, but is attending camps/clinics and working to improve. If the assignor says that none of the above matters, you need to be at MY camp - then you weigh the importance of getting a schedule from that assignor.
That's exactly how I approached it last summer, I ended the email by saying, "Although I cannot attend your camp this year, I will be attending 3 camps to help me improve." Never heard back from him & I really didnt expect to get a schedule from him.

Last edited by tref; Thu Apr 12, 2012 at 02:26pm.