Thread: Shesh
View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 01:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
And how do you respond?
I let it go to voicemail...

This particular guy is a HS assignor that only uses a staff of about 60 or so officials for his boys games & another 40 or so for his girls games.

Yes, the buy-in for officials is "you too can be on my staff next season if you come to camp."

I passed on the invite last summer as I attended the prior year & I still got a quality schedule from him.
My thing is, if I'm already working a couple JUCO leagues & attending multiple higher level camps each summer, why should I have to pay to get HS games??

Dont get me wrong!! Not that I cant continue to improve, but I feel very comfortable where I stand in my HS association as my post-season schedule reflects success. Hell, I had 2 of his teams in the post-season & also saw quite a few on the road this past season. Glad I saved my time & money last summer!

I could see if it were a quality camp, but its the same ol same ol. No video whatsoever, same clinicians, same war stories, same faces. Think I'll take my chances & pass again, but I dont see why we have to have this conversation yearly

For the record, another HS assignor sends his camp brochures in the mail with our checks throughout the year, but he never calls.

Last edited by tref; Thu Apr 12, 2012 at 01:36pm.