View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 09, 2012, 09:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by letemplay View Post
Don't see any mention of the shot clock here. While it may bring quicker shots, they sometimes are not better shots. I think it has had an effect on the offensive quality of games. Standing around happens when the "go to" guy has the ball with SC winding down...
That's one of my arguments against the shot clock. For kids who will play college ball - especially Division I - it may be okay but for the millions of others who won't I think it leads to lousy shots.

That being said, I don't know if Maine has a shot clock which may be why it's not mentioned in the article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
And I don't think he understands it. If this guy "wore stripes," he didn't do it for long enough to understand what "advantage/disadvantage" really means. He had probably only advanced to the self-righteous "a foul is a foul" stage where he calls the wrist slap as A1 blows by B1, or he calls the bump at the division line as A2 is catching a pass for a wide open layup.
I disagree if only because he addressed a certain scenario: contact on cutters which slows down or disrupts the offense which may or may not be illegal. Again, we may not agree with his premise and he also may not present it well but it's enough of a concern at the H.S. and NCAA level that it gets mentioned under POE in the rule books every year. Do I think we should call every little bump? Of course not and if that's what he's calling for he needs to go back to the drawing board.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)

Last edited by JetMetFan; Mon Apr 09, 2012 at 09:51am.