View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 09, 2012, 09:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ref3808 View Post
He happened to earn his second T by coming off the bench in my direction arms outstetched with remarks about us not calling it "both ways" and his team having to play against 5 players and two officials. I would have preferred that our switches had resulted in my partner being the one to issue the second T, but in this case I didn't see how I could ignore the behavior.
Don't worry. You did what you were supposed to do. If you had to give both, that's life sometimes. I don't doubt the game went better afterwards.

I rang up a H.S. coach a few years ago four minutes into a game without a warning. He jumped off the bench and out of his box to yell about a travel I called. Since I was opposite the table while he was yelling - meaning his voice had to carry 50 feet - it was pretty easy. You know what? The game went beautifully from that point. He had to coach the game instead of worry about me and my partner.

I also adopt Snaq's theory for spring/summer games: my willingness to deal with nonsense drops a whole lot when it's $30-40/game (that's what we get in my neck of the woods).
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)