View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 09, 2012, 09:21am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ref3808 View Post
He happened to earn his second T by coming off the bench in my direction arms outstetched with remarks about us not calling it "both ways" and his team having to play against 5 players and two officials. I would have preferred that our switches had resulted in my partner being the one to issue the second T, but in this case I didn't see how I could ignore the behavior.
I wouldn't think twice about this one; nor would I worry too much about having to call both. It's not like you called both in rapid succession.

Every time I call a T, I'm prepared to explain it. That's probably a function of the state association requiring a report for every T during the season. It doesn't affect how I call them, but it has affected my thought process and memory afterwards.

At $15-$18 per game during these summer games, I'm not taking much crap from the coaches. Now, that said, we get local varsity head coaches working these spring middle school leagues along side a Dad who's seen too many coach K games; so I'm not going to blow in like Buford T Justice, either.