View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 03, 2012, 11:47am
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Perhaps. I think each level of game gets a slightly different threshold of what it takes to make a T. In a HS game (like the one being discussed through the thread), the threshold is lower. In a college game, the threshold is higher. In the NBA, it is even higher. Same rule, just different levels of acceptable actions. The OP was a HS game.

In the situation you refer to in the championship game (from memory) the player did grab the rim but only did so until he stabilized and dropped. Unlike the player in the OP, he didn't yank himself up a foot or more higher than he needed to do.
I can understand what you are saying Camron, but I don't agree with what you are saying about the NBA threshold. Some things in the NBA are dealt with much quicker/better than other levels. Either players hang on the rim - on national TV - more than college or the NBA officials are less hesitant to call it. Either NBA players hand check more than college players or the NBA officials are less hesitant to call it. JMO