Thread: New ASA Shirts
View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 02, 2012, 07:13pm
Official Forum Member

Purchase Officials Supply (in Akron) has been supplying our local high school group (in Columbus) Smitty brand shirts with the Ohio High School Athletic Association embroidered on them (a more intricate design than "ASA" and with multiple colors of thread) for $25. Their regular price through their website is $30. Plain Smitty shirts, with no logo, run $24.

Oh, yes...and they include a pocket!

These are lightweight shirts using "high-tech" fabric, they breathe, they're generously cut and roomy. So I guess that shirts like this can be had for just a tiny premium over the old ASA shirts.

Unless Dalco has changed their material (which wouldn't be a big surprise, since most of the manufacturers seem to be going that way) these were always some of my least favorite shirts. The material was stiff and wrinkled easily. No matter how I washed or dryed them, they came out wrinkled and they's get more wrinkled just hanging up in the closet. The material was so stiff that it wasn't even like normal wrinkles. It was more like hundreds of small permanent creases! And the mesh on these was so wide that you could read the logo on your chest protector or undershirt.